A project firmly embedded in the pop-culture debate between the merits of the digital text and the physical text, The Art of Google Books celebrates the generative nature of transmediation.
Single-topic blogs prove that isolation aggrandizes everything, and this is no different; by reading as a collector and aggregating my finds, I promote the signs of use that accompany digitized books as worthy of both academic study and aesthetic exhibition.
In other words, Google Books is more than a bag of words.
I wrote a short piece for HuffPost Books! They changed the title from The Art of The Art of Google Books to The Art of Google Books: Crazy Images Found Online.
- peachybee9 likes this
- kp4rmd60s likes this
- mademoisellepantalonssassy likes this
- ghettorock likes this
- dew0319 likes this
- finleysday likes this
- elderean reblogged this from theartofgooglebooks
- wishinoo likes this
- rarararambles likes this
- bryographical reblogged this from theartofgooglebooks
- bryographical likes this
- nevolution likes this
- kevin-maness likes this
- typewritergirl likes this
- clubnouveau likes this
- annakomnene reblogged this from theartofgooglebooks
- togetherasalways likes this
- winterfelle likes this
- This was featured in #Lit
- theartofgooglebooks posted this